Effective as of October 4, 2023
Types of Information We Collect
Information You Provide
While using our Sites and Services, we may ask you to provide us with, or we may collect certain Personal Information. “Personal Information” can be used to identify you, directly or indirectly. The types of information we collect include:
- Contact Data, including your first and last name, email address, postal address, and phone number.
- Account Credentials, including your username, password, password hints, and information for authentication and account access.
- Demographic Data, including your age and gender.
- Internet or other Electronic Network Activity Information, including browsing history and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with our website, applications, or advertisements. You provide this information automatically through your interaction with our Sites or Services. We also may receive this information from our service providers or marketing partners. For more information about cookies, please see below.
- Location Data, when you interact with our website, your IP address provides information about your approximate location.
- Commercial Data, including your interests, Nelda Studios products or services purchased or considered, preferences, and favorites.
- Photographic, Digital, or Video Likeness Data, including any images you may upload on our Sites or as may be captured and used by us for the limited purpose of your engagement with our exhibitions or other Services. For example, our cameras may record you walking within an exhibit, and we may play back the image in front of a green screen or on monitors within the exhibit. By visiting an exhibit, you are giving us consent to record and use your likeness within and outside the exhibit.
- Content, including content within any messages you send us (such as feedback and questions to customer support) or publicly post on the Sites (such as in product reviews or blog comments).
- Inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about your preferences and characteristics.
The types of online technologies we use to collect information include:
Cookies are files with a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are text files placed in your computer’s browser to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your email address or other personally identifiable information. If and when you choose to provide our Site with personal information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
We use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may be unable to use some portions of our Sites.
Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behavior and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
Sources of Information We Collect
- From You. We obtain most of the Personal Information we collect about you from you when you interact with our Sites and/or Services, including when you contact or communicate with us and when you otherwise interact with our Sites and/or Services.
- From Our Partners. We may obtain Personal Information about you from our service providers or other partners, including marketing partners, while assisting us in providing you with our Sites and/or Services.
Use of Information
- to enable you to access and use our Sites and Services;
- to facilitate purchases and transactions;
- to contact and communicate with you, provide customer support and manage your account;
- to perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our Sites and Services, including our content or products or content offered by others;
- to enforce our terms and conditions;
- for internal record-keeping and administrative purposes;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have;
- to prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm;
- to monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities;
- to improve and develop the Sites, Services, and other Nelda Studios websites, apps, marketing efforts, products, and services;
- to develop and send advertising, direct marketing, and communications about our and other entities’ products, offers, promotions, rewards, events, and services;
- to fulfill any other purpose at your direction; and
- with notice to you and your consent.
Notwithstanding the above, information that has been de-identified so that it cannot reasonably be linked to you is not Personal Information, and we may use de-identified data for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. When we maintain and use de-identified data, we only attempt to re-identify the data if you have given us consent to retain and use the data in an identifiable form.
We strive to retain your Personal Information only for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the business or commercial purpose(s) for which we obtained the information or as otherwise required to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations.
Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Information
We do not use or disclose sensitive personal information.
Disclosure of Information
- Service Providers. We may engage third-party companies and individuals to perform services on our behalf that involve processing all the categories of Personal Information identified above. These service providers may use the Personal Information to enable them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors, and payment systems operators. When we disclose your Personal Information to service providers, we make reasonable efforts to ensure that the service provider handles your Personal Information solely to perform the Services.
- Analytics and Advertising. We disclose information to parties for analytics and advertising-related purposes.
- Affiliates. We may disclose all types of Personal Information to our affiliates and related entities, including where they act as our service providers or for their internal purposes.
- Promotions Partners. Our promotions may be jointly sponsored or offered by other parties. When you voluntarily enter an upgrade, we share information in the official rules that govern the promotion, administrative purposes, and as required by law (e.g., on a winners list). By entering a promotion, you agree to the official rules that govern that promotion. Except where applicable law prohibits, you may allow the sponsor and/or other entities to use your name, voice, and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials.
- Merger or Acquisition. We may disclose information in connection with, during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale, or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of our assets or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another business.
- Security and Compelled Disclosure. We may disclose information where we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, report, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud, or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies. We may disclose to courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings or to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
- Consent. We disclose information with notice to you and your consent.
We may use your information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials, and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any or all of these promotional communications by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or following the unsubscribe link or instructions in any email we send. Please note that you cannot opt out of non-promotional emails about your account, transactions, servicing, or our ongoing business relations.
Your Controls and Choices
We allow you to exercise specific controls and choices regarding our collection, use, and sharing of your information. By applicable law, your controls and options may include the following:
- Choosing or changing your choices for subscriptions, newsletters, and alerts;
- Choosing whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our products and services or products and services that we think may be of interest to you;
- Requesting removal of your Personal Information from a Nelda Studios-controlled public forum on one of our Sites or applications; and/or
- Requesting access to or deleting the Personal Information we hold about you.
Please be aware that the preceding controls and choices may only be available where required by law and for specific products. If you do not allow us to collect Personal Information from you, we may not be able to deliver particular experiences, products, Sites, and Services to you, and some of our Sites and Services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences.
Links to Other Websites and Public Postings
Visitors that Reside Outside the United States
Nelda Studios provides its Sites and Services to create an enjoyable customer experience within the United States. The laws governing the collection and use of information within the United States may differ from your country’s laws. Suppose you use our Sites or Services or share your Personal Information with Nelda Studios. In that case, you are agreeing to be governed by the laws of the United States, and you are expressly consenting to the transfer of your data to the United States and other jurisdictions.
Children and Privacy
We do not knowingly collect personal information (as defined by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”)) from children under the age of 13 in connection with the features of our Sites or Services without the consent of a parent or guardian. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we have collected personal information violating COPPA, contact us at email@example.com. We will remove the personal data by COPPA.
Storage and Security
To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have implemented reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures designed to safeguard and secure personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorized access, modification, and disclosure.
The security of your use of a Nelda Studios Site relies on the protection of your mobile device.
We will never ask you to send your password or other sensitive information to us in an email. However, we may ask you to enter this type of information on a Nelda Studios website or mobile application interface.
Any email or other communication purporting to be from one of our websites requesting your password or asking you to provide sensitive account information via email should be treated as unauthorized and suspicious. It should be reported to us immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intellectual Property Notice
All trademarks, service marks, and other proprietary materials herein are the property of Nelda Studios, Inc. and their respective owners. All rights reserved.
You have the following rights:
- the right to know specific details about our data practices in the past 12 months. In particular, you may request the following from us:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- The categories of personal information about you we disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting the personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- the right to delete the personal information we have collected from you (subject to certain exceptions); and
- the right to correct inaccurate personal information that we maintain about you.
To exercise any of these rights, please submit a request to info@neldastudios. In the proposal, please specify which right you are seeking to exercise and the scope of the request. We may require specific information from you to help us verify your identity and process your request. We may deny your requests to know or delete if we cannot verify your identity.
We do not sell personal information to non-affiliated third parties without your consent.
You can designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. However, we will require written proof of the agent’s permission to do so and verify your identity directly.
Right to Non-Discrimination
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for exercising your rights.
We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information with non-affiliated companies for their direct marketing uses.
How to Contact Us